Grand Hotel Saigon
One Of The Oldest Hotels In Ho Chi Minh City Since 1930 and completely restored in 1997, nestled in Saigon’s scenic riverside area and within walking distance to major commercial and entertainment addresses,and still retains its French colonial style, provides a perfect base for conducting business or for having a completely relaxed vacation.
At the Grand, every guest will enjoy a well-appointed room or a luxurious suite with plenty of room to live, to work or just to relax. Our warm inviting atmosphere, congenial staff and host of fine services help to make every stay the most enjoyable one.
Our philosophy is to satisfy our guest in every possible way from the first time. You only have to bring yourself and time to relax and we will make sure that your holidays and business trip will be comfortable. Therefore, we’ve tried to create here a place you’re yearning to be. A place that is beautiful and comforting, where can work and take proper leisure, where you the quality of services make your life truly worthwhile…That’s exactly the kind of life, a fact, we try to evoke through our services at Grand Hotel Saigon.
Hence, it is why its the perfect location because of its elegant ambience and premier services…, people do come back to the Grand hotel because here they are treated so well and courteously; that there is no choice but to return.
In 2012 inside this French colonial style hotel, you will find 226 luxurious guestrooms and suites with panoramic views of Saigon River and HCMC; 400-seat ballroom and break-out rooms, recreation area, VIP Lounge, Western & Asian restaurants, Rooftop Grand Cafe, Bars & Spa, etc., as well as friendly and professional staff. Our proud tradition of hospitality is evident in every detail, making your stay an engaging and memorable experience.
Stay once and you will come again!
October 24Mr. Henry Edouard Charigny de Lachevrotière – Editor-in-chief of an unique French newspaper in 1940s “LA DE PEÂCH” – had an official license to open GRAND HOTEL SAIGON COMPANY. It was a small beverage shop, located at the corner of Dong Khoi St. (Catinat) and Ngo Duc Ke St. (Vannier)
“Mr. Henry Edouard Charigny de Lachevrotière, est autorisé à ouvrir pour le compte de la Société du Grand Hôtel de Saigon, un débit de boissons à consommer sur place à Saigon, à l’angle dès rues Catinat et Vannier. M.Joseph Marie Menguy, est autorisé à géréce débit de boissons. “(From Southern Admin. Bulletin, 1-11-1928, n.44, p.3248)
- 1930 08 Dong Khoi St. (rue Catinat, near by Bach Dang river), Dist. 1, HCMC (Saigon Historic River)
- 1932 Patrice Luciani offered a license to operate this beverage shop
- 1937 The Grand Hotel has changed its name to become SAIGON PALACE hotel
- 1938 Patrice Luciani – Hotel Direct
- 1939 Antoine Giogetti – Hotel Director
- 1948 HOTEL SAIGON PALACE. Tel No. 21.045 from 1938
- 1958 Vietnamese name “SAI GON DAI LU QUAN” appeared
- 1978 F&B and Hotels Office managed PALACE HOTEL at 16 Ngo Duc Ke St., Dist.1, (decision No.1339/QD – UB, date June 26th, 1978, signed by Mr. Van Dai – Vice Chairman of The People Committee of HCMC)
- 1989 Restaurants and Hotels Combination decided to form DONG KHOI HOTEL, including Hotel at 16 Ngo Duc Ke St. and Restaurant at 24 Dong Khoi St (decision No.25/QN – TC, date October 18th, 1989, signed by Mr.Tran Trung Nghia – General Manager of Restaurants and Hotels Combination).
- 1995 – 1998 Grand renovation conducted by Saigon Tourist Holding Company
- 1998 – 2003 GRAND HOTEL is reopened with the most sophisticated and modern facilities, amenities and dependable services
- 2003 GRAND HOTEL is certificated Four-Star Hotel by Vietnam National Administration for Tourism
- 2004 The Environmental Management System developed by GRAND HOTEL for the whole hotel activities, facilities and services have been assessed and found to conform to the requirements of the standard ISO 14001 (1996). The corresponding certificate has been delivered under AFAQ-ASCERT INTERNATIONAL application rules.
The hotel is awarded a third Labor Medal (date Nov 3rd 2004 signed be President Tran Duc Luong)
- 2005 The corresponding certificate of ISO 14001 (2004) for the Environmental Management System developed by GRAND HOTEL has been delivered under AFAQ-ASCERT INTERNATIONAL application rules2006Quality & Prestige: Business of the year 2006
- 2007 Best Hotels & Resorts in Asia – Hotel Awards 2007
- 2008 ASEAN Green Hotel Recognition Awards
- 2009-2010 Top ten of 4-star hotel, Vietnam National Administration for Tourism
- Awarded “Top ten leading 5-start hotels in Vietnam” by Vietnam Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism
- TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Booking.com Award of Excellence 2016
8 DONG KHOI STREET, DISTRICT 1, HO CHI MINH CITY, VIET NAM
TEL: (84-8) 3915.5555
FAX: (84-8) 3827.3047